Sometimes, no matter how much we want to get to know our spouse at a deeper level, finding the words to start a conversation can be intimidating. This is especially true if things have been a little difficult between you or if you’ve had very little time lately to talk to one another. In fact, when couples haven’t been consistent with date nights, one of the reasons they give is that they don’t even know what to talk about on a date night. Have no fear, friend! We’ve got you covered with 14 questions you can ask your spouse to get the conversation flowing between the two of you.
1. If you could choose to have coffee and chat with any celebrity, who would you pick and why?
2. If you had to choose between having $10,000,000 and $1,000 a week for life, what would you pick and how would you spend it?
3. If you could choose any super power, which one would you like to have and why?
4. What was your favorite TV show/movie growing up and why?
5. When was one of the best days of your life, and what made it special?
6. Where was your favorite hang out spot growing up?
7. What was one of the most embarrassing things you have ever experienced?
8. What charitable cause(s) is/are dearest to your heart?
9. What is one of the most meaningful songs for you to listen to and why?
10. What was one of the first things that attracted you to me?
11. What is something about yourself that I would be most surprised to find out?
12. What is one of the most romantic things we have ever done as a couple?
13. What is one thing you have always wanted to ask me or wanted to know more about me?
14. What is one of your fondest memories of our relationship together?
Make sure that when you have these conversations, that you both decide together to approach these questions with a bit of curiosity about the other and a willingness to have some fun with these. Make sure they don’t feel like an interrogation and instead pick one or two a day for the next week or so.